(OnlineEd – June 17, 2014) – OnlineEd® is now approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission as a Real Estate School. OnlineEd® will offer real estate license renewal education under school approval number 7580. Approved real estate continuing education courses for license renewal include:
- Advanced Contract Law
- Buyer Agency
- Environmental Issues 1
- Environmental Issues 2
- Fair Housing
- Residential Property Inspection
- Risk Management
Click the links above for information or to sign up in any individual course listings or here to view the entire OnlineEd® Continuing Education catalog.
Georgia Real Estate License Continuing Education Requirements – Individuals who hold an active real estate license and whose license number is above 100,000 are required to complete 24 hours of Georgia Real Estate Commission approved continuing education during each four-year renewal period. An individual with a license number less than 100,000 is not required to complete continuing education for renewal. A renewal period begins four years before the current license renewal due date. (Example: Your renewal due date is March 31, 2006. Commission approved continuing education must be completed between April 1, 2002 and March 31, 2006. Continuing education completed before or after that date range is not acceptable for this renewal period.)
Licensees who are renewing for the first time since original licensure are required to complete a 25 hour Georgia Real Estate Commission approved Post-license course during the first year of licensure. This course will count for 6 hours of continuing education toward license renewal. These licensees must also complete an additional 18 hours of continuing education during this renewal period.
A Georgia licensee who holds an active real estate license in another state must provide proof of meeting the education requirements in that state. This proof can be provided to Georgia Real Estate Commission by either:
- faxing the Georgia Commission a copy of a current pocket card from the other state. That pocket card must indicate a renewal date greater than the due date for the Georgia renewal. For example, if the Georgia renewal due date is May 31st of this year, then the pocket card in the other state must have an end of renewal due date of June 1 of this year, or any later date; or
- faxing the Georgia Commission certificates showing completion of 24 hours of continuing education that was approved by the other state’s real estate commission.
Georgia licensees are required to maintain completed education certificates for three years and be able to produce these certificates of completion upon the verbal or written request of an authorized representative of the Georgia Real Estate Commission. Licensees are not responsible for maintaining completion certificates for courses they complete at Commission approved schools. Approved schools are required to transmit licensee course completions directly to the Commission.
Career Enhancement and Professional Designation Courses – In addition to continuing education, OnlineEd® offers many Career Enhancement courses. Career Enhancement courses are not eligible for continuing education but many do provide the licensee with designations. These courses include:
- Power Up! New Licensee Training and Start Up
- Accredited Luxury Home Specialist (ALHS designation)
- Rivers of Gold – Secrets to Becoming a Probate Listing Machine
- Certified Home Marketing Specialist (CHMS designation)
- The Power of Staging (Certified Home Staging designation)
- The Business of Your Business (Women’s Council of REALTORS)
- Generational Housing Specialist (GHS designation)
- Inside the New Appraisal Process
- Home Measurement Basics for Real Estate Agents
Click the links above for information or to sign up in any individual course listings or here to view the entire Career Enhancement catalog.
For more information about OnlineEd, please visit their web site at www.OnlineEd.com or telephone (866)519-9597. For more information about the Georgia Real Estate Commission, please visit their web site at http://www.grec.state.ga.us. OnlineEd is Georgia Real Estate Commission Approved School number 7580.
Jeff Sorg is a co-founder of OnlineEd®, a Web-based vocational school founded in 1997 where he also serves as Corporate Secretary, Chief Operating Officer, and School Director. Sorg holds vocational instructor licenses in Oregon, Washington, California, and Nevada and has authored numerous pre-licensing and continuing education courses. Sorg was awarded the International Distance Education Certification Center’s CDEi Designation for distance education in 2008-2018.
OnlineEd® provides real estate, mortgage broker, insurance, and contractor pre-license, post-license, continuing education, career enhancement, and professional development and designation courses over the Internet.