NAR implements new internal organizational structure and changes to senior management to effectively and efficiently serve its members.
By Jeff Sorg, OnlineEd Blog
(January 19, 2018)
(CHICAGO) NAR – The National Association of Realtors® has announced a new internal organizational structure and changes to its senior management team to more effectively and efficiently serve its 1.3 million Realtor® members.
“This reorganization reflects the promise I made when I was named CEO last August to create better efficiencies in engaging with and serving the association’s members,” said NAR CEO Bob Goldberg. “This restructuring to the internal organization is the most sweeping change in the association’s history, and I’m confident it will drive greater innovation, put more focus on member engagement and satisfaction, achieve a more holistic communications and marketing strategy, and improve the association’s nimbleness and decision-making.”
The new structure, comprised of 10 newly reorganized groups across NAR’s two offices in Chicago and Washington, D.C., results from the merger of several teams as well as the expansion and creation of several groups aimed to enhance services to and engagement with members. NAR consulted outside experts to conduct the organizational design study of its internal structure, processes and staff, and the newly reorganized structure and teams are effective immediately.
“Redefining the staffing structure is an important step toward making sure our members continue to come first,” said NAR President Elizabeth Mendenhall, a sixth-generation Realtor® from Columbia, Missouri and CEO of RE/MAX Boone Realty. “I believe this new NAR will help bring us greater success in achieving the association’s strategic priorities in 2018 and beyond.”
NAR Organizational Changes and Senior Management Team
- NAR’s Government Affairs and Community and Political Affairs divisions are merged into a new Political Advocacy group, led by newly promoted Chief Advocacy Officer and Senior Vice President Bill Malkasian, who will bring greater synergy to the association’s federal, state and local advocacy efforts.
- A new Member Experience group will focus on ensuring Realtor® associations and members are highly engaged and satisfied with the association and its many services and offerings. NAR General Counsel and Senior Vice President Katherine Johnson takes on an expanded role overseeing all functions related to Legal, Information Services, Association Leadership Development, and Association and Multiple Listing Service Governance.
- Communications, Marketing, and Meetings/Events are merged into one group, Marketing, Communications and Events, led by Senior Vice President Matt Lombardi. This group will bring significant enhancements to the way NAR communicates with members, ensuring consistency, continuity, rapid response and accuracy in branding, design and messaging.
- A new Strategic Business Innovation & Technology group, led by recently promoted Senior Vice President Mark Birschbach, will drive industry innovation and bring benefits to members through strategic relationships with a broad range of business and technology players. Birschbach will oversee NAR’s Realtor Benefits® Program, Center for Realtor® Technology, Second Century Ventures, REach accelerator, top-level domains, and the relationship with Move, Inc., operator of realtor.com®.
- Commercial and Global services continue under the leadership of Senior Vice President Janet Branton and will continue to focus on delivering service and value to members working in the global and commercial arenas and creating and building partnerships with real estate professionals and organizations around the world.
- A newly formed Member Development group, led by newly named Senior Vice President Marc Gould, will drive an integrated education strategy for Realtors®. Gould will continue as dean of student services for Realtor® University, oversee NAR’s Center for Realtor® Development, Leadership Academy and the Commitment to Excellence and member financial wellness programs currently in development.
- The Marketing Research and Predictive Analytics teams will be merged into NAR’s Research group to centralize research and data collection and analysis and will be led by Chief Economist and Senior Vice President Lawrence Yun.
- Human Resources and employee engagement remains under the oversight of Senior Vice President Donna Gland.
- NAR’s enterprise technology infrastructure, ecommerce and staff facing Information Technology services, security and support remain under the leadership of Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President Mark Lesswing. The group will also represent NAR on several technical industry standards organizations.
- The association’s Finance group, overseeing budgets, financial analysis and real estate management will continue to be led by Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President John Pierpoint.
- A new Leadership Resources team will also be led by Director Erin Campo, who reports directly to the CEO and oversees the operations of NAR’s elected leadership, including coordinating their meetings, travel, outreach activities and initiatives to achieve their visions and goals.
The National Association of Realtors® , “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America’s largest trade association, representing 1.3 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
[Source: NAR press release]
Realtor® is a Trademark of the National Association of REALTORS.
For more information about OnlineEd and their education for real estate brokers, principal brokers, property managers, and mortgage brokers visit www.OnlineEd.com.
All information contained in this posting is deemed correct as of the date of publication, but is not guaranteed by the author and may have been obtained from third-party sources. Due to the fluid nature of the subject matter, regulations, requirements and laws, prices and all other information may or may not be correct in the future and should be verified if cited, shared or otherwise republished.
OnlineEd® is a registered Trademark