Earn the EA Broker Accreditation and get 8-hours of Oregon real estate Continuing Education!
By Jeff Sorg, OnlineEd Blog
(April 20, 2016) – OnlineEd today announced that it was selected to offer the Earth Advantage Broker (formerly S.T.A.R.) accreditation course from their website, www.OnlineEd.com. Earth Advantage Broker provides real estate brokers, principal brokers, and property managers with a competitive edge in communicating the benefits of green and high-performance home features, one of the most important considerations for the millennial homebuyers and renters as well as other energy efficient market segments.
The Earth Advantage Broker accreditation course is for Oregon brokers and is made up of seven sections. Each section contains videos, follow-up activities, and five-question knowledge checks to help retain the topics presented in the videos. The course also provides a Course Reference Guide and additional Green Broker resources. At the end of the course, there is a 35-question final exam in multiple-choice format that requires a minimum passing score of 75%. Within one week of passing the final exam, Earth Advantage will issue an Earth Advantage Broker Designation Certificate, along with logos and materials for use to promote the benefits of this distinguished green designation. Students are allowed 90 days from the date they enroll to complete the course, after which the course must expire. The course also qualifies for 8 continuing education credits for Oregon real estate license renewal.
Earth Advantage Brokers possess the knowledge and ability to identify green features and recommend savvy upgrades to provide their clients with access to homes that provide a healthier living environment and greater energy, water, and resource efficiency. Earth Advantage also provides marketing support in the form of logos and an online profile on its registry of professionals to help Earth Advantage Brokers display and promote their green credential to consumers.
The course also satisfies Energy Trust of Oregon’s Real Estate Ally prerequisite requirement and the National Association of REALTORS “Green 100” course requirement.
The seven sections of the designation course include:
- Section A: What is Sustainability;
- Section B: What is a Green Home;
- Section C: Green Homes at a Tipping Point;
- Section D: Indoor Air Quality, Green Building Materials, and Water Efficiency;
- Section E: Energy Efficiency and Green Building Techniques;
- Section F: Green Building Certification, Energy Auditing, and Energy Labeling; and
- Section G: Green Home Financing, Appraisal, and Marketing.
Specifically, this course will help the real estate professional to:
- become a trusted advisor for clients by learning to communicate the benefits of different products and features and by distinguishing varying values and needs;
- gain valuable resources and tips for upgrading that fixer-upper into a more efficient, comfortable, durable, and healthy home;
- provide information on incentives, rebates, financing, and certifications; and
- learn how to market the designation to help with business growth and gain more referrals.
Earth Advantage also provides marketing support in the form of logos and an online profile on its registry of professionals to help EA Brokers display and promote their green credential to consumers.
The Earth Advantage Broker course also satisfies:
- 8-hours or Oregon real estate license continuing education
- Energy Trust of Oregon’s Real Estate Ally prerequisite requirement
- NAR’s Green Designation ‘Green 100’ course requirements
The names of Earth Advantage, Earth Advantage Broker and the registered logo(s), service mark(s) and trademark(s) of each may not be used in any advertising or publicity without the prior explicit written permission of Earth Advantage. Graduates of the Earth Advantage Broker program are granted use of the Earth Advantage Broker badges.
For more information about OnlineEd and their education for real estate brokers, principal brokers, property managers, and mortgage brokers, visit www.OnlineEd.com.
All information contained in this posting is deemed correct as of the date of publication, but is not guaranteed by the author and may have been obtained from third-party sources. Due to the fluid nature of the subject matter, regulations, requirements and laws, prices and all other information may or may not be correct in the future and should be verified if cited, shared or otherwise republished.
OnlineEd® is a registered trademark of OnlineEd, Inc.