(Jeff Sorg, OnlineEd) If you want to become an Oregon Principal Broker but are not currently licensed in Oregon, you must meet these qualifications:
- Be 18 years old;
- Have a high school diploma, GED or international equivalent; and
- Have three years of active real estate license experience.
If you qualify, you must complete these steps:
- Complete the OnlineEd Out-of-State Principal Broker Course Bundle, containing the required 150-hour broker pre-license course and the 40-hour principal broker qualifying education course.
- Complete a Real Estate License Application in eLicense, the Agency’s online license management system. When the application is processed, you will receive an applicant ID number.
- Pay the $230 license application fee in eLicense.
- Submit to the Agency a certified license history from the state where you obtained your active real estate license experience.
- Register and pay for principal broker license exam with the state selected licensing exam proctor.
- Pass the principal broker license exam.
- Pay for and submit fingerprints for background check while at the state licensing exam testing center.
- Once your background check has cleared, choose to work for another principal broker or on your own
If you have additional questions about the course or licensing process, please telephone Chris Culbertson in our enrollment information office at 503.670.9278 or send him an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OnlineEd® is Oregon Real Estate Agency Approved Pre-License and Continuing Education School and an Oregon Licensed Vocational School under the Oregon Department of Education. For more information about OnlineEd, please visit www.OnlineEd.com.
This article was published on August 7, 2014. All information contained in this posting is deemed correct and current as of this date, but is not guaranteed by the author. Due to the fluid nature of the subject matter, regulations, requirements and laws, prices and all other information may or may not be correct in the future and should be verified if cited, shared or otherwise republished.
For more information about OnlineEd and their education for real estate and mortgage brokers, visit www.OnlineEd.com.
For more information about our post-licensing training, please visit our Power Up! information page.
Jeff Sorg is a co-founder of OnlineEd®, a Web-based vocational school founded in 1997 where he also serves as Corporate Secretary, Chief Operating Officer, and School Director. Sorg holds vocational instructor licenses in Oregon, Washington, California, and Nevada and has authored numerous pre-licensing and continuing education courses. Sorg was awarded the International Distance Education Certification Center’s CDEi Designation for distance education in 2008-2018.
OnlineEd® provides real estate, mortgage broker, insurance, and contractor pre-license, post-license, continuing education, career enhancement, and professional development and designation courses over the Internet.